We are currently looking to recruit an Executive Officer to the Vice-Chancellor
to work with a leading further education university located in the centre of Sheffield with a view to starting in January.
This is opportunity is initially for 3 months, however for the right candidate it will lead to a permanent role.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- To manage sensitive and often complex business on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor. This will entail solving problems, taking responsibility and thinking independently, and responding to sudden unexpected demands on the Vice-Chancellor.
- To act as a first point of contact for all communication and personal contacts for the Vice-Chancellor, using judgment and initiative to manage responses to the Vice-Chancellor's incoming correspondence, identifying those that are a priority and handling them accordingly. This includes drafting responses, redirecting to appropriate persons for action, and sending responses to a range of colleagues/organisations for information and/or action.
- To manage a complex electronic diary for the Vice-Chancellor, using independent judgement when necessary to prioritise their work schedule in accordance with changing priorities and conflicting demands, liaising and negotiating with all relevant parties in an efficient and effective way.
- To manage, provide and maintain a high level of support to the Vice-Chancellor in the production of reports, business papers, spreadsheets, presentations and other documents.
- To maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive issues with appropriate tact and diplomacy, and ensure compliance with data protection legislation across the Vice-Chancellor's Office.
- To monitor actions emerging from internal and external meetings and proactively ensuring those for the Vice-Chancellor are followed up.
- To manage the budget for the Vice-Chancellor's Office, including processing and monitoring orders, invoices and purchase card transactions.
You must also be experienced or have knowledge of:
- Experienced in managing sensitive diary and business management activities in a complex environment, including direct experience of providing executive level support.
- Experienced in producing high quality work with strong attention to detail, whilst working to tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Working knowledge of utilising the full suite of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) to an advanced level.
- Recent experience of financial systems and procedures (e.g. budget management and expenditure monitoring)
- Experienced in managing high profile events involving a variety of senior stakeholders
- Experienced in handling difficult situations with tact and sensitivity and maintaining absolute confidentiality
For this opportunity, it is essential that you have an in-date passport as you will be required to travel internationally with the Vice-Chancellor. (travel is paid for)
If you are interested in the role above, please send your CV through or call our office on 01709 974000 for a discussion about the role.