We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Administrator to work with a leading further education university located in the centre of Sheffield with a view to starting immediately.
Working within the Research & Innovation Office, you would be providing administration support to REF Unit of Assessment. The purpose of this role is to be proactive, knowledgeable and efficient in support, working as a part of the Professional Services team, PA support to Senior Managers and to support Faculty Ethics Governance processes.
- To provide a professional and welcoming reception service to the Research Institute, visitors, students and staff.
- To provide proactive knowledgeable and efficient administrative support, working as part of a professional services team.
Role specific responsibilities
- Provide PA support to the Director of Industry & Innovation Research Institute including diary and email management, organising meetings with internal and external stakeholders, preparing documents and supporting their activities.
- Based on the Industry & Innovation Research Institute reception acting as first point of contact for staff and students you will develop and maintain knowledge of Institute activities and University processes in order to effectively deal with enquiries.
- Ensure joined up working across other College and Directorate teams to share good practice and efficient ways of working.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of sources of support for research, both within the Institute and across the University.
- Provide support for a range of Institute and/or College committees/groups and meetings. This may include room bookings, distribution of papers, agendas, minutes/note taking and follow up actions.
- Support internal and external communications, including maintaining areas of the Institute intranet site, blog and website, email and face-to-face communications.
- Provide support for internal and external College events as required e.g. pre and post event administration, facilities arrangements, handling queries, registration of guests and participating in event activities.
- Understand University finance processes and organise travel (UK and overseas) and order goods and services when required.
- Provide support for a range of processes within the Industry & Innovation Research Institute team, as directed by the Administrative Officer and Research Institute Manager.
- Educated to GCSE/O level standard (or equivalent experience) including Math's and English
- Delivering a wide range of administrative support services to a high standard
- Providing PA support to a senior manager, demonstrating proactivity, initiative and confidently, including organisation of diaries, travel and meetings. #
- Working independently including planning and prioritising own workload, dealing with conflicting deadlines, ensuring deadlines are met and accuracy maintained.
- Committee servicing including note taking
- Providing guidance to stakeholders e.g. answering straightforward queries and sign-positing more complex queries as appropriate
This is a fixed term contract (12 weeks') & Full-Time (37hrs per week)
If you are interested in the role above, please send your CV through or call Ashley in our office on 01709 974000 for a discussion about the role.