We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Administrator to work with a leading further education university located in the centre of Sheffield with a view to starting immediately.
Working in the Research & Innovation Services directorate, you would be reporting to the Research & Innovation Officer. The purpose of this role is to be proactive, knowledgeable and efficient in the support of the C3RI, working as a part of the Professional Services team, PA support to Senior Managers and to support Faculty Ethics Governance processes.
Role specific responsibilities
- To provide administrative support for Research & Innovation Service processes, contributing to an excellent customer experience, e.g. ethics governance; postgraduate research; Research Excellence Framework (REF); research and/or knowledge exchange project support and delivery; grants and income generation support; Institute Operations; information governance.
- To deliver first level advice and guidance, across University's campuses, to students, staff and external visitors, signposting to other services/resources as required.
- To provide an integrated, consistent model of customer support, working in collaboration with other University services, to ensure prevention, early intervention and timely resolution of practical and/or welfare issues e.g. through an in-depth knowledge of activities within the service area and sources of support for research and innovation activities, both within the service area and across the University.
- To maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive issues with appropriate tact and diplomacy.
- To ensure effective use of administrative and financial systems, record keeping within an agreed framework, for example:
* Maintain databases and enquiry management systems (inputting data, logging, coding, tracking and cleansing of data), ensuring the consistency and integrity of information
Produce routine MI reports and statistical information as required
* Carry out and maintain records of financial transactions
* Assist with the preparation and completion of audits/reviews such as REF, Health & Safety, Ethics
* Assist with the testing of software/system enhancements/ developments as appropriate
- To support meetings, committees and groups by collating and distributing agendas, papers and taking notes/minutes.
- To administer a range of events, visits, training, meetings and appointments e.g. arrange facilities and hospitality; respond to queries, organise communications and mail outs; book travel arrangements; visas; itineraries/schedule.
- To monitor and support the development of online resources and information, ensuring currency and accuracy e.g. self-help tools, websites, online chat, podcasts, social media, email communications and Blackboard.
- To provide proactive and flexible administrative support for senior managers across Professional Services g. diary and email management, organising meetings, document formatting, room bookings and travel arrangements.
- Occasionally supervise temporary staff/seasonal workers through induction and ongoing day to day support with queries.
- To provide practical support in the upkeep of the surrounding environment, ensuring: availability and accessibility of information and equipment e.g. stock maintenance, sorting and replenishment, information is neatly presented and up-to-date, and the physical space is clean and tidy
- To support compliance with relevant legislation (e.g. H&S Committee, Risk Assessment process, office inspections, DSE assessments and Fire Marshal, Data Protection Regulations and Information Governance).
- To support internal and external communications, following an established set of protocols and principles including maintaining areas of the Institute intranet/SharePoint site, Blog and website, email and face-to-face communications e.g;
*Administer the Institute's network of wider stakeholders and contacts, this may include accurate record keeping, contact with individuals and organisation, and ensuring that correspondence and contracts are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Educated to GCSE/O level standard (or equivalent experience) including Math's and English
- Delivering a wide range of administrative support services to a high standard
- Providing PA support to a senior manager, demonstrating proactivity, initiative and confidently, including organisation of diaries, travel and meetings.
- Working independently including planning and prioritising own workload, dealing with conflicting deadlines, ensuring deadlines are met and accuracy maintained.
- Committee servicing including note taking
- Providing guidance to stakeholders e.g. answering straightforward queries and sign-positing more complex queries as appropriate
This is a fixed term contract (10 weeks).
If you are interested in the role above, please send your CV through or call Ashley in our office on 01709 974000 for a discussion about the role.